Saturday, September 30, 2017

The Trees Keep A Polite Distance

Today, my walk was in the afternoon after returning my books to the library. I was a little disappointed that the sun disappeared, just as I got out to finally shoot some photos, but I had to adjust.

The underbrush of this forest is so dense in some places -- making it look very chaotic and messy, almost like a living room that has been ransacked by a thief.



In other parts of the forest, however, it is neat and tidy, as if a very good housekeeper maintains the order. There are very few dead trees and all of the live ones keep a polite distance from one another.




One gets a feeling of spaciousness and openness in this part of the forest. There are man-made paths but even beyond the paths, there is so much room to walk freely, almost like it was created for us take our daily jaunts. I do not know how long these trees have been here but it appears as if they have been planted very deliberately. 


Even with a cloudy sky, the colours are absolutely breathtaking. I hope it lasts for a few more days before the October winds come along and blow away all the leaves.



It has been so nice to see a few visitors on the blog. I missed you! I am still having trouble getting my emails to work and am not sure why it still shows as coming from "second marriage." Please bear with me as I try to figure this out. This old blog needs some work, too, but it will come in time.

Take care ... It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving will soon be upon us! Time keeps racing on in this crazy old world.





Love Sharilee. Hey thanks so much for reading. I would love to hear your comments and input in the space below. Also, if you like what you are reading, sign up through my Facebook page. or receive posts by e-mail by joining here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments nice and kind.