Wednesday, January 17, 2018

My Husband and I Walk



My husband and I walk
Through the woods.
He is up ahead
Sturdy and swarthy
He breaks the trail for me
Looking back 
Every so often
To be sure 
I am safe. 
A protective knight 
To this old lady 
He treats like a princess.



He is fast.
I am slow. 
He sees the path.
I see the trees. 



The air is crisp
At minus 26 and
The trees creak and sway
In their places.



We are going on
Ten years
This spring
And life before him
Seems like a dream.


This was a poem I wrote after a lovely walk this afternoon with my gorgeous husband, Vern. I hope you enjoyed the poem. Feel free to comment below! 


This is me getting ready for our walk in the -26 Celsius weather here in Canada! 



Love Sharilee. Hey thanks so much for reading. I would love to hear your comments and input in the space below. Also, if you like what you are reading, sign up through my Facebook page. or receive posts by e-mail by joining here

4 comments:

  1. Love your poem and the pictures Sharilee. The thoughts in your poem bring wonderful contentment to my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bev, I am so glad it brought you contentment! I know you have some wonderful walks where you are, too. Have a wonderful night!

      Delete
  2. It might be a tad cold for this old man and his old bones, but the scenery is lovely and a younger Bill would have walked with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill, you are so kind! The weather is not so bad when you get on a thick pair of snow pants and mega-sized boots. Have a wonderful night!

      Delete

Please keep your comments nice and kind.